Thursday, November 20, 2008

Am I crazy

I like being busy. I like when I have too much to do (probably so I can put off what I really need to do like unpacking the last few boxes in the office) so I create things to do. The past five years I have been a secretary for the woman's organization at our church and that has kept me very busy.

This year it looks like making crafts for Mackenzee's kindergarten classes is going to keep me busy. Today was their "Friendship Feast" (heaven forbid we celebrate a holiday in elementary school because that would not be politically correct). They brought their favorite food (or whatever they want) to the feast. Mackenzee's loves pork chops but I not at 9:30am so she decided on mini cupcakes. Easy, right? Oh no because I had to make pilgrim toppers for them!!! Mind you this was my doing not Mackenzee's but she does love them and I have to say they are pretty cute.

Mackenzee in the Friendship circle showing her Indian medallion she made.

All the yummy food.

It was a fun little feast. They sang songs and then shared about their friends. I was so happy that I got to attend.

After school we had our parent teacher conference. Mackenzee's teachers said she is doing great. She passed off everything and had an amazing report card. All top marks!!! I am so glad she is doing good. We knew she was ready for Kindergarten but it is nice to hear it from the teacher. Thank you to her preschool teachers!!! It was also good to hear how impressed her teachers is with her behavior and citizenship. Sometimes we dont get to see that side of her at home :)

This is what I made for Friday to hand out after class. I really don't know what my camera's problem is sorry about the fuzzy pictures.

4 comments:

Johnsens said...

Not crazy, just an AMAZING mom. Wow that is really awesome, I'm sure all the kids in her class love you because you always have tasty treats for them.

PS Jake thinks the turkey you made looks like a squirrel

Lizzy said...

love the pilgrim toppers! and turkey too!

It's a Boy!!! said...

So cute...seriously. And I thought I was the over-achiever. You get the prize!

Kristen said...

soooo cute...and yes, you are crazy!

Tell Mac happy late bday from us!!!

I'll call you this week...lots to catch up on!!!