Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mackenzee

Mackenzee turned the big 5 this year. She has had the longest birthday celebration ever!!! It started Labor Day weekend with a girls trip to NYC (a tradition I think we will keep who knows where Parker and Eliza will go). Then her actual birthday, October 20 to her party November 1.

The tradition in our family (since I was a little kid) is doughnuts on your birthday but Mackenzee didn't want it she just wanted her normal breakfast of Coco Puffs. This was better for me because Mac was not home and getting all 3 kids to the store before school was not my idea of fun, but I would have done it.

She did bring juice and doughnuts to school to celebrate with her class. And on their birthday they get to share something. She shared her Playbills from the 3 shows we saw in NYC. After school her neighbor came home with us and they got to play.

That night we had cake and ice cream and opened presents and our friends came over.
She got a cute outfit from Nana and Papa and another from her aunts (not pictured)


Great books from Granma and Papa Grapes

Coloring stuff, bag, notebook, pencil case and cute stuffed dog from her friends.

Way to many presents (but you are only 5 once right?)

She was all about Tinkerbell this year. This was my trial cake for her party. It is a chocolate sheet cake that had Tinkerbell traced on the top. It turned out okay but we decided to go with a whole body in the shape of Tinkerbell and I made sure to get skin color tint for the icing.



Happy birthday!!! We love you so much Mackenzee. Thank you for being sweet, caring and for making us laugh.

2 comments:

Johnsens said...

I'm so glad I could be a part of her party in August in NY. I can't believe how grown up she is getting...tear

Beckers said...

I'm impressed Amy. That's quite a cake!