Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Saga at Church 2nd edition

A few weeks I was checking old blog entries for something and I came my fun experience at church last year the Sunday before Christmas when Mac was working. To read click here. I just laughed (because I can do that now) and thought I was going to be so relieved because Mac is not working this year on the Sunday before Christmas so it will be better... who was I kidding?

It started out great. I got a call at 6:45am from my dad telling me him and my mom seats were changed to 1st class to fly from Atlanta to China. They were so excited and I was so excited for them. We talked for about 15 min then they were taking off so we hung up. I quickly got in the shower and thought man I am doing great on time we will be early to church. The kids got up and we even had muffins for breakfast. Still okay on time. That is where we hit the wall. It took longer to do Mackenzee's hair then planned. I wanted to get a good picture of the kids because I knew they would not look as cute when we got home from church. We were cutting it close but I wanted a good picture. This is where it went downhill.

Mackenzee cute: check
Parker and Mackenzee cute: check

check

Where is Eliza...
Oh just throwing a fit because she wants to wear tennis shoes not the new shiny black shoes I got her to go with her dress.

Finally we let her wear some other shoes. They didn't match but were a better choice then tennis shoes. Side note: She picked these shoes out at the store. Mac tried to get her to get some other ones and she would not try anything on but the butterfly ones. Eliza then through a tantrum in the store because we had to pay for the shoes and took them off to do so. I have never had a child do that in a store. Seriously she is 18 months!!! We should not be having the shoe battle already.

Anyways Mackenzee got her to smile, just not look at the camera.

At some point during the shoe battle I am saying, out loud "Why cant I get one good picture. Seriously you guys just once I would like a good picture!"

I should have known better because ultra sensitive Parker started to cry. But man Mackenzee stayed right on task throwing in good smiles and everything.
Now as you can imagine we are running late for church and it is raining. We get to church and there are no seats on the end of the rows and people don't scoot in so my 3 kids and I crawl over everyone to get to the middle (Mac had dropped us off and parked the car). Mind you the rows of chairs (we didn't make it to get a pew) were very close together to get more rows in.

Other then Mackenzee being a little crazy wanting to sit on my lap instead of her chair we did pretty good. Parker and Eliza were both quiet. Parker did take off his vest and tie minutes after we sat down. Then Eliza wanted a book Parker was looking at. He would not give it to her and she started to cry. Not real loud and we got her quieted down. There were a few music numbers and the kids listened to them. Then someone got up to do a little talk about Christmas and Parker kicked Eliza in the face (I think by accident but I don't know for sure). He wouldn't say sorry. I picked her up told him that was not nice, remember he is ultra sensitive, he started to cry. By now I was so embarrassed I got up with Eliza to go to the hall. Parker is crying and I grab his arm to lead him over the millions of people between us and the door. He is (in my mind screaming although I don't know if he really was) going "No Mommy No!" I then thought Mac you can deal with him and let go of his arm. This caused him to go falling backwards and land on the ground. I was dying by this point and just wanted to get out of there. We sat in the hall for the last 15 min of the meeting and I have no idea how Mac and Parker did.

Another friend was in the hall with her kids and she said "I have to teach a lesson today on being reverent in Sacrament meeting." Looking at her kids and laughing because they were not reverent either. She then said jokingly "Thanks for making my kids look reverent." I just laughed. The rest of church was great and we even got a few pictures after church even though they were not the best, the family ones are on self timer. I will have my sister take some of the family when she gets here tomorrow.


Tune in next year to see if I am laughing at this year and to see what happens because there is never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Mark and Kattie said...

I am cracking up! I can't wait to have those type of Sundays ;). I love all your Christmas clothes, they are so perfect!