Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve

My parents are in China with my other sister for the holidays so my brother and sister came to our house and arrived the Monday before Christmas. Tuesday we did a little last minute shopping (my brother waited until he came out to shop). We have watched movies, hung out and laughed at old times. It is funny because they are 11 and 13 years younger then me so things I think they remeber they dont.

Christmas Eve is when my family has the big dinner. We had ham and cheesy potatoes. We also had 2 different jell-o salads. One for my brother (strawberry and peaches) and the other for my sister (strawberry watergate). One of my favorite things is to set a nice table for dinner. I love the holidays when I can pull out the Christmas dishes.



Courtney and Daren getting ready to eat.


Another tradition at our house is opening one gift Christmas Eve (PJs). I love matching things so this year the kids were sporting very cute pjs from Carters. This year they also got slippers with Mickey and Minnie on them. Pictures were not our strong point as the kids were running away from the camera, except for Macknezee of course.


Mac was home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day this year so he suggested getting a family PJ picture. (My sisters and my pjs are from Modbe and Mac and my brothers are from Old Navy).

Courtney and Daren sporting their new PJs too.
Funny side note I called to ask my brother what size he would wear for PJs and he said he didnt like actual PJs. I told him if he wanted to open presents he would have to humor me. Then after he got them he didnt take them off for 36 straight hours!!! I thought we all looked pretty cute in our new duds.

After PJs we read The Night Before Christmas and then the kids, all 5 of them, went to bed. Here is a picture of the stockings hung over the fireplace. Mackenzee was so relieved we have a fireplace so Santa can come down it. This has been a concern in years past.


Mac and I then went to wrap presents as we had not even started. We were up until 3:30am!!! The good thing was everyone slept in Christmas morning. That was the best present ever!!!

5 comments:

Clarissa Grover said...

I cannot beleive those two grown-ups are Courtney and Darren. Sheesh! What good-looking people, too!

Johnsens said...

Looks like fun, D and I have the same PJ's...haha. Hope you guys are having a great time. I like the family picture of everyone.

Mark and Kattie said...

Looks like fun, so fun to have Courtney and Daren there.

Allison Easley said...

I miss our watergate dinner delicousness in Yucaipa! By the way, I think we are going to be able to swing the February thing. Call me.

Meredith Salisbury said...

Wow, call me slow, but this is the first time I have seen your blog. I love the PJ's! So cute.