Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's Christmas

Christmas Sunday
Mac had to work so I got everyone ready for Church. I cannot complain though because This was the first year Mac has been home for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We feel so very blessed. These were taken after church so they are not as good as they would have been before church. Parker also stripped off his suit coat and tie in the first 1/2 hour of church. Oh yes which brings me to church. He brought a chocolate gem donut in one hand and a squirt gun in the other because 1) Mom had no energy to fight him when daddy is gone and 2) these are the most important things in a two year olds life. He finally finished the donut after the Sacrament and I took the gun away when he started "shooting" everyone.
































Christmas Eve

One of our very good friends took all three kids so we could clean up and get everything ready for the big day. I was very grateful not to have to try and do this with everyone here. We were able to get almost everything done. We then picked up the kids and had our traditional Christmas dinner: ham, cheesy potatoes, watergate (pistachio pudding, cool whip, pineapple) salad, green beans and egg nog (for me- no one else likes it).

Next came the traditional Christmas Eve present (PJs). They were all so cute it their matching Santa pjs.























Then the Nativity story. After the kids did pretty good on getting ready for bed. Mac and I just wrapped a few more things and got everything set up. We were in be really early, much better then the 2 am from last year when I had to do everything by myself.

Christmas morning
Gift to us from the kids sleeping in! No one got up during the night either. Eliza got up at about 7:30 and Parker followed soon after. We had put the gate up so he could not go to the living room. Of course he wanted to go so we told him to get Mackenzee up he shouted NOOOO. So instead we all played in our bed until Mackenzee got up.

They were very excited with their gifts, especially from Santa: Macknezee- reversible Bell dress, Parker- vacuum that actually picks up stuff, Eliza- penguin bowling set. I dont know if Parker was more excited about his ornament (Hallmark Mickey, Goofy and Donald on a train). I did have the video camera on but we ran out of tape after about 20 second










After playing with their toys for a little we headed up to Papa and Dranma "Grapes". We ate dinner with them and Lorena & Mike. It was a very relaxing day and we all had a great time.

5 comments:

jenreeder said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I am so glad that you have a blog. We miss you guys. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten! This will be a fun way to keep in touch. Oh-- and I think that we will be coming to So Cal in June/July-ish. I will let you know!

Alli Easley said...

I love that little Eliza...she's so stinkin cute. Not that I don't love all the kids but that little chick melts my heart.

Kristen said...

Love the Christmas Jamies! I'm a Christmas Jamies freak too!!! Gotta have them! This year my sister actually got the same ones for the whole family...she and her husband included!

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Bailey Family said...

Too cute! What a fun Christmas. I wish Santa could have come to my house like that! Love the Jamies!
Happy New Year. (Thanks for sending your Christmas card...too cute!)

Amber Horspool said...

Okay I am still busting up laughing about the part where Parker ate a donut in Sac. Mtg and then started "shooting" at people with his squirt gun. I am totally picturing it, and I can't stop laughing! It's the funniest thing ever! Of course at the time, I'm sure you were ready to get up and go home. I remember the days when Mike had to work Sundays and I was at church with the kids ALONE- not fun! Just remember, this too shall pass...