Monday, January 7, 2008

Back in the saddle again...

Mackenzee has been asking to ride a horse for about a year. Keep in mind that my children are terrified of animals so we didn't know how this was going to turn out. A friend of Mac's at work has horses and has offered to let us ride them. She just happened to ask over Christmas break when Mac was going to bring us over. When we pulled up Mackenzee decided she didn't want to go anymore because there were two dogs out. So my brave husband (this is funny in itself because he is afraid of dogs too) had to go request the dogs get put away. Once that was taken care of she did pretty good. Although Mackenzee was not fond of touching the horse riding it was another matter. She got right up there and rode for a little bit while Parker stayed far away in daddy's arms.
Next Daddy got on and Mackenzee got to ride with him. I think this is Mac's dream seeing how he would love to own a horse. He has a great love for horses due to his grandparents horses. Side note: my great-grandparents had a horse that I rode and I don't want one, in fact I don't like them so you will not see any pictures of me on the horse.
We finally got Parker on the horse although he didn't stay long. I think he just wanted his daddy and his daddy just happened to be on the horse. Doesn't he look like he is having fun!!!
While I was going to the car to get tissues they put Eliza on the horse. She looked so cute up there. I don't think she cared one way or the other.

After sharing the horses with his kids Mac trotted around for a little then got off. He realized that his legs are not used to being on a horse and was a little achy. He showed Mackenzee how to brush and clean up the horses. Mac also developed a greater appreciation for his dad for riding behind the saddle when he was little. Mac was sore the rest of the day but he had a great time with his kids and the horses.

2 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Those are great pictures and memories. I guess your family will not be coming over to the Bailey house with our two big dogs! Oh well. You need to let me know next time you are in town.

Alli Easley said...

CUTE! I miss riding horses!