Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm Back

My last two weeks have been crazy! Two Saturday's ago I had a Muffins with Mommy Primary activity day and two baby showers, I was attending one and the other I was helping with. Plus Mac was just finishing up his last CRAZY week of Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (36+ hr shifts).

The primary activity day was so fun. The kids brought us muffins and massaged our hands (I was watching Rylie. Rylie and Mackenzee both used WAY too much lotion and my friends Amy, Star and Karolin were dying laughing) We also played a few games like guess which feet were our children's and then they guessed which ones were ours. Karolin made a bet she would be the first one to be guessed (helps when you are 10x darker then everyone else!!!) It was a really fun morning. The children also gave us a flower.

I ran to the first and stayed awhile then ran to help with the last min stuff on the other. It was for my friend Karolin, the one I went to Wicked with, she is having a boy. It was so cute we had a chocolate fountain and other great stuff to eat. We played a few games and then she opened presents. I love doing stuff like this and was so glad I was able to help. If I can find pictures I will post them.

The following Thursday Karolin went into the hospital with high blood pressure problems (she was having the baby on June 3). They ended up taking the baby that night. Luckily her mom was able to come in and was there (in the waiting room) when the baby, Jaden arrived. He is sooo cute with lots of dark hair! After both Jaden and Karolin went to ICU. Jaden got strong enough relatively quickly considering how early he was. Karolin continued to have complications on top of complications. After some scary things on Saturday several people from church decided to fast for her and within a hour we got a call saying she was not out of the woods but doing better. Since then she has been improving and is finally out of ICU. She looks great (from the pictures I have seen) and has finally seen Jaden (the hospitals Mother's Day gift to her). Her other two children have also been able to see her. Thank you to all who prayed and fasted in her behalf. I know our prayers were answered. It is such a blessing to see the Lords hand in our lives. As my other friend, Kristen, put it this experience has make me appreciate the opportunity to be a mother. It has also reminded me again of how precious life is (this happen 11 months after we almost lost Eliza).

So why else has my life been crazy? On top of getting ready to move (we made an offer on a house but didnt get it) I have another friend on bedrest (in and out of the hospital). Another friend has been going through several family trials, my "assistant" secretary (the person replacing me at church) had her baby 3 weeks early- both her and baby are home and doing great and Kristen's daughter broke her arm on Thursday. I really feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve. I love keeping busy and my friends hand all made sure of that! :) It is almost like a crash course on service before I move. I think what I am most grateful for is my friends have allowed me to serve. It can be humbling at times to ask or be willing to accept help. I am a little nervous on what the Lord is preparing me for.

Over the next few days I will hopefully post more about my family, mother's day and life here.

No comments: