Thursday, December 13, 2007

Surprise, Surprise... the flight and arrival

This past weekend my sister, her husband, me and my kids all flew home to surprise my other sister for her 16th birthday. Yes I did say fly and yes I did it with all three kids by myself. The kids were actually really good and the Southwest Airlines flight attendants were very nice. I chose a flight we would not have to switch planes for. However, when we landed the first time there was an unexpected plane change. Knowing I was with 3 kids by myself they met us with an electric cart. We drove with the flight attendant and captain of the plane. When the flight attendant tried to take the pizza to help me carry something Parker freaked out. So she asked him if she could hold the baby (Eliza) and he said "YES". Glad his priorities are straight. She then showed Mackenzee she could wave to everyone like a Princess at Disneyland as we drove. When we got to the gate we were able to board with them so we were the first ones on the plane. She offered to hold Eliza during the flight so I could change Parkers diaper and was very helpful. The best part was when we landed. Over the speaker she said, "Goodbye Parker, Goodbye Mackenzee". Mackenzee looks at me and said, "Who is that?" After a few seconds we heard, "Santa Clause" Mackenzee's eyes were huge and she said, "AHHHH". The whole plane laughed. As we were walking up the ramp Mackenzee spotted Brit, my sister, and took off with Parker following her. She didnt realize you had to turn to get out. When she got the the glass she was very confused. Finally she backed up and walked out with us. Other then it being FREEZING (we had been in 85 degrees earlier in the week) it was a good day. My dad didnt know Brit was coming too so that was a nice surprise.

When we got home my dad took Eliza in and brought her to Courtney who had never seen her. It took her a minute to realize why my dad had a baby and who it was. Then my mom woke up and was so excited. After that the rest of us walked in. Courtney said is was a great bday surprise. We all chatted for a little bit then went to bed (with the exception of Mackenzee who talked off Britney's ear until 2am.)

No comments: