Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My "Wicked" Day

When you have three kids you need a BREAK!!! So in August I, along with Kristen and Karolin, bought our tickets to see Wicked the Musical. After much anticipation the date finally arrived. We left at about one for our day out. Our husbands had the kids (Mac had Eliza- I had pumped so they both would survive.)


We started out going to the mall. That in its self was fun because I had never driven in "the city". After going through an "interesting" part of town and being honked at enough times by crazy drivers we got to the mall. When we got off the elevator Karolin grabs my arm and says did you see that man? Of course Kristen and I were busy doing other things. It was SIDNEY PORTIER. Man we had missed him and Karolin was a little star struck. After shopping at H&M (and finding tons of cute things) we decided to explore the rest of the mall. As we are going down the escalator I jokingly said, "Look there is a tall black man wearing a Nike hat- he must must be a professional basketball player. Just kidding I just wanted to be like a tourist and generalize everyone" Kristen and Karolin look at the person in question and then each other. "He is" they both said at the same time. It was John Salley...former Piston and Laker, and currently a Fox Sportscaster! Kristen tried to get a picture of him while pretending to get it of us.

Next we headed over to another mall to get dinner. It was an outdoor mall that we LOVED and cant wait to go back. There was a large flatscreen television and recliners in the parking garage!!! While waiting for dinner we walked around. There are several great shops and stores. We didnt get to spend as much time there as we wanted because we had to get ready for the show. We ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory and loved not worrying about chasing kids and being able to enjoy our food. We even got dessert for ourselves and brought some home to the hubbys.

Next it was off to the parking lot to change... yes Kristen and I changed in the parking lot. As our motto was that night "What happens in the parking lot stays in the parking lot." Then it was off to the show.

It is AMAZING and I would love to go again. We sat in the balcony and had great seats. This was Karolin's third time and Kristen and my first. The show is not what I expected. The music was phenomenal!!! I loved it! We had the understudy, for Glenda, and I do have to say after watching YouTube segments I think she was better. I now want to read the book.

Mackenzee has been dying to see it but she has to be 5 and if it is still around I may actually take her. (side note: the night before Mackenzee would not go to bed after finally getting mad at her several times she looked at me, put her hands on her hips and said, "Mommy if you dont come snuggle with me you will not be allowed to go to Wicked tomorrow" I made her give me a hug because that was too cute)

We ended up getting home around 1am. We talked the whole way home and just had an overall really good day. It is great to be with friends!!! Twelve hours away from the kids and over too quickly. Mac did survive and he said the kids were really good. (Great maybe I can do this more often :)- right?)

2 comments:

Tracie said...

What a fun day. I am so jealous. I can't wait to see it.

Amber Horspool said...

You deserved a day out! I'm glad you had fun!!!