Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life of Parker

Last Friday we had him evaluated for speech. They said we should go ahead and have him tested, but we cant do that until Nov 4 at the earliest. Parker has improved so much in the last few months but there are still some things he needs help with. He did surprisingly well at the evaluation. He love the books the Speech Pathologist was reading and even interacted with her doing what she asked. For those who know Parker this is HUGE. Normally he clings to me and wont have anything to do with anyone else. The rest of the day we just had a mommy and Parker time. We went shopping for his costume and some Halloween decorations. It was so much fun. When we got home Mackenzee went up to him and said "Parker you are talking so much better already. Good job buddy!!!" Mac and I started cracking up. It is so nice when they show they care about each other.

Earlier in the week, when they were playing outside Parker dropped a giant flower pot (take your arms and make a big circle with them that is how big the ceramic pot is) on his foot, toe to be exact. Poor kid it took off the tip of his toe and blood was everywhere. I dont do blood so Mac came home to check it out (it was only 1/2 hour before he was supposed to get off anyway.) We finally got a band-aid on it and let him take it easy. Mackenzee got him a pillow and his stuffed dog.



This last picture is of Parker eating his 3rd doughnut from my bday breakfast yesterday. It is tradition to have doughnuts and Parker quite enjoyed it.

3 comments:

The Baker said...

wow amy he looks exactally like mac is scary! your kids are getting huge and are adorable. next time we are in town i will have to give you a call. hope you are liking it over there in my neck of the woods!

K2 said...

Your kids are sooo cute. Poor Parker. I hope the speech thing goes well. I miss you guys. I've been watching Dawson's Creek from Netflix and I always think about y'all. Loves!

Lizzy said...

Poor toe. I dropped the bunk bed ladder on my baby toe a couple days ago, so I can totally relate to how Parker is feeling. I love the picture of your house. It is very cute. I am so happy for you guys. And, Mackenzie--what a sweet big sister!