Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where to start...

If you have not checked back recently I am posting again (got our new computer) so be sure to scroll down so you dont miss anything.

I guess I will start with Christmas break since that is where I left off. My sister and brother both got up early and for once my kids slept in. I swear when you want them to sleep in they NEVER do. After chatting for a while (and watching a Christmas movie on ABC family.com) with my sister and brother my kids finally got up. The rule is no presents until you are in you Christmas PJs. We had to force Parker into his but he did it (now he wears them every night for the past 4 months and I have to get them washed and dried before the night so he can wear them again).

Here is a picture of the tree before everyone came down:
Daren, Eliza and Courtney's Santa gifts:

Parker and Mackenzee's Santa gifts:

Mac and Aimee's Santa gifts:
Mackenzee's gift from Santa was a HUGE surprise. She had wanted an American Girl Doll since we went to NYC in August and went to the American Girl Restaurant. She wanted it to look like her. Let's just say it was a little bit of Christmas magic. She was so excited. She had asked Santa to bring it to her at our church Christmas party and Santa had said he was working on it. Mackenzee told us Christmas morning she knew he would bring it.

Here is Parkers opening one of gifts, swords:
Eliza opening her baby doll (that she sleeps with every night):

Mackenzee opening her Fancy Nancy stuff:


Daren thought he would be funny and wrap Courtney's gift in several layers, add heavy books and weights to her gift. Here she is
There were several more layers I didn't include. And after al of that it was a DVD!


After the opening of gifts we took the picture with all of our stuff.

Eliza:

Parker:

Mackenzee:

Daren:

Courtney:
It was so nice to have family here. I think that is one of the best gifts I could have had. Another amazing gift we got as a family is the family history of my great grandpa (my mom's mom's father). It was really fun to go through and read about his history. Thanks Aunt Jane for doing this!

The rest of the day we kind of bummed around, watched movies and played games. After the kids went to bed we played CLUE with Court and Daren. It was so much fun and we stayed up so late the next few nights playing. It was a great day!

No comments: