Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We are alive I promise

We just got internet today (and phone service). I will try posting something in between unpacking boxes. Yes we did get a house, finally, for those who didnt know. We are in the area we wanted. Email me if you want our address and new number. My cell is still the same.

We have traveled a TON. I just got back from another trip on Saturday. We have car trouble with both of our cars (van is in the shop now and we are taking the other car back when we pick up the van).

Oh the joys. We do love our house and our ward and Mackenzee's school. We have met some really nice people. Mac was visited by the Sheriff today while I was helping at Mackenzee's school (which she loves). They had a warrant for the guy who used to live here. Needless to say we are changing all the locks.

Mackenzee started crying a few nights ago because she misses all her friends. She was holding a picture we got when we left and said I really miss my friends. I was trying to explain it is okay to miss old friends but she needs to make new friends. I told her the song:
"Make new friends,
But keep the old.
Some are silver,
and the other gold."

Her response was "Mom there are no silver people."

Sorry if it takes a little to get pictures and stories up, they are coming. Hope all is well with all of you.

4 comments:

The Baker said...

are you in folsom or el dorado hills or neither? i think you will love it there, we will have to come and see you the next time we drive home.

Tracie said...

glad to hear that you are all ok! i wondered if you had survived the move.

Mark and Kattie said...

That girl is so funny!

Amber Horspool said...

Mackenzee is so sweet!That made me want to cry imagining her crying about missing her friends. We miss you guys so much!!!