Monday, July 21, 2008

Goodbye- Part 2

Now we are down to Mac's last week. Monday we went out with the Bloomfields.

We went to a Japanese restaurant (Shane went on his mission to Japan so Mac felt safe tasting the sushi). I do not give into peer pressure as easily so I did not partake.

The best part of the experience was when Shane jokingly said the orange exterior was sugar. Mac believed him. The look on Mac's face when he realized he had eaten fish eggs was priceless. It was great to relax and chat with friends. Too bad we wait until we are moving to do something like this. Thanks for a fun evening we will miss you guys sooo much.

Tuesday night was my visiting teaching companions baby shower (I made the cake- to be posted on a later post about the 4 cakes in a week). It was so much fun. I got to talk to several friends I had not had a chance to talk to in a while. Mac decided to make dinner with his buddy Parker B., the next up and coming chef. Now for those who do not know Mac loves to cook and loves to have kids help him (I am not the same way).

Parker really likes making calzones with Mac. It was also the College World Series so over to the Bloomfields Mac and the kids went (we don't have cable). Fresno state won, yeah- gotta love the underdogs. Kristen picked me up after her meeting and the baby shower. Parker and Mac made very tasty calzones and we finished up the night with guitar hero.
Notice the concentration on both of us (not the best picture but the only one- thanks Shane!)
I am not good. Part of the problem is I don't listen to music so I had not heard most of the songs and the rest are before my time. We all challenged each other, I lost every time. It was so much fun though.

Are you seeing a pattern of playing not working? Thursday we went to a BBQ at the Horspools. It was for Mac and Mike, who are both moving, and are the Horspools home teachers. When both home teachers move it makes you wonder... no really we love them and will miss them dearly. Even with two talented photags we didn't get any pictures. The kids had a blast all playing together outside while the adults got to relax and talk.

Friday was Mackenzee's last day of school (a separate post in itself). After we met the Horspools at the movie theater to see Wall-E.
Very cute movie although Parker and Eliza fell asleep in the end. We took some pictures with Wall-E after the movie. Parker was not happy to be woken up. Love the face.

After the movie we went swimming which was only supposed to be a few hours (it ended up being the rest of the day and night). We orders pizza and then got in the hot tub. Eliza loved laying on her back and floating in the hot tub. (The temp was not to high just like a normal bath. We didnt know how to heat it up earlier in the day so it was the same as the pool) I do have to say we needed a day to spend together as a family because even though it seems like we were playing a lot it had been a stressful week.

The had a slide and all the family went down (I think Parker did it 10-15 times, he is our fish)
Here is Mackenzee- one and only time

Mac and Parker I cant find the ones I took of them separate.

Me- why do I look like a crazy person? Parker pushed me at the top of the slide- I was not planning on going down. :)

Oh yes the little angel.

Amber and I
(you should feel special I put a picture of me in a bathing suit- MODBE bathing suit)

Mackenzee (bathing suit is MODBE) and Staci


Saturday was our serious work day until the kids were invited to go swimming. (no pictures) Mac went with them because I was in a groove of cleaning. He was able to say good bye to the other family he home teaches, the Schmiedel's. They moved in a few weeks after we did it has been nice having good friends so close. We will miss them (and I know the kids will miss Sammy and Tayler).

And that, my friends is how we say good-bye.

5 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Wow! I am tired just reading all of the things that you have been up to. I am glad to hear that you were able to spend time as a family and have fun. Good luck moving!

Amber Horspool said...

no, i'm protesting. we don't say goodbye. it's "see you later," because we will! oh, we're going to miss you guys!

Carl and Starla said...

So fun to hear from you. Yes, of course you will be invited to the blog. So fun to see your cute family again!

Brianne said...

I love your bathing suit! And MacKenzie's too, super cute. :)

Kristen said...

remember...I don't say goodbye because it makes me cry!