Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Give Me a BREAK

Two Sundays was a tough day. I had been husbandless. We lost Mackenzee's church shoes (she has two pairs and we had one of each) and were running late. Finally I told her she could wear her flip flops (it was that or tennis shoes). I explained to her we don't wear flip flops because we want to look nice for church. She wears flip flops every day so they are pretty nasty. Does she pick the orange ones to match her dress, NO of course not. She picks the pink leopard ones. I didn't want to fight with her. Here is the real kicker- as we are walking into church she turns around, looks at me and says, "Mom you have flip flops on too just like me". I was dying!!! I had put on my flip flops to move the car and forgot to change into my church shoes before leaving. And just like Mackenzee I had ones that were nasty dirty too not my black ones that hide everything.

The rest of church was uneventful (or at least that I can remember)

When we got home Parker went on a rampage. If I would have had time to write it all down I would have so I could remember it all. I think he started in his room emptying all of the tupperware bins that hold his toys. Next he moved to the closet with all the games. Keep in mind I had just cleaned up the games from the previous day. There were cards everywhere! Most of this happened while I was feeding Eliza so I could not stop him. I started cleaning up the mess and Parker went to my room got my Stampin Up! markers and decided to color on the wall and blinds. I hurried grabbed a wipe and started cleaning that up. Parker runs off and redumps the toys in his room. Next he took a yellow highlighter on the new tupperware we had just bought. All in all I think there was 3 times I picked up the cards and 2 the toys. By the last time I have had it. I am cleaning up the cards for the third time and Parker dumped my black embossing powder in the hall. I picked him up and put him in the top bunk and removed the ladder. Then I scooped up the powder (what I could salvage) and began switching the top shelf of towels with the game shelf. Parker then jumped off of the top bunk. (I had told him several time to stay up there so he would not get ouchies). He would not stand up on his legs so I feared they were broken. After some TLC he was fine, running around like a crazy person again.

I wish I had a picture of the craziness. All the kids went to bed early!!!

4 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

Okay, that's craziness! I am so glad Parker didn't break any bones though. This all reminds me of the day my kids had a "pudding party!" I'll have to tell you about it.

Tracie said...

You poor woman! Three and no hubby. You deserve much more than a break.

RCH said...

Aaaaiiieee! I feel your pain. ;-)

Alli Easley said...

Holy moly, what a day. You're a saint. By the way, I wear flip flops all the time to church...I am such of a bad example/white trash...no?