Wednesday, July 22, 2009

House Guests!

(Note: this was typed in June- again just waiting on pictures)

I have been getting several comments from my house guests about not posting since April! Soooo....

My sister and her husband are here and my really great friend from So Cal. (more with them later)

Kristen and Rylie came up for the weekend. They are here to celebrate Rylie's 5th birthday by going to The Lion King! They arrived Thursday night, after Mackenzee was asleep. It was so cute when Mackenzee came down the next morning and saw Rylie she screamed and they ran to each other and gave each other a BIG hug. The funny thing is we had just seen Rylie the week before. It was reayy funny. Mackenzee showed off her house then it was off to play. They each have American Girl dolls (which Rylie brought along) so they have been playing with them a ton. Thursday afternoon we headed to the show. Mackenzee and Rylie along with their 3 American Girl dolls were dressed the same. The looks we got while walking from the parking garage were funny. Everyone just looked at the "5" girls and smiled or pointed at how cute they were.




Everyone loved the show (this is my 3rd time to see it and it was still just as good). During intermission we took the girls out to stretch their legs. While walking down our row all the ladys from the Red Hat Society were commenting on how cute the girls were. They even told Mackenzee and Rylie they were so impressed that their girls (the dolls) were so quiet during the show. And then were telling Kristen and I how they had American dolls too.

Mackenzee kept saying little Simba was her favorite. Rylie said something to Mackenzee about marrying him and Mackenzee turned bring red. And later that night Rylie was telling everyone else about how Mackenzee liked Simba and she was red again. We found out later she liked his curls! Wow Mac and I are in for a long road with her.


After the show we walked across the street to the capital building. I tried to explain that the Govenor and all the state officials worked there but it was a little confusing so I setted with "You know how the Preident of the United States works at the White House? Well the President of California works at the State Capital building." It at least stopped the questions but when they are studying government in school I hope it does not come back to bite me. :)



Next stop was tradition. Kristen and I always go to Cheesecake Factory when we go to a show. Mackenzee is very aware of this. When I told her they were coming for Lion King Mackenzee's comment was "We have to go to Cheesecake Factory too becuase that is what you do, right Mommy?" Like I am ever going to turn down the Cheesecake Factory! We had dessert only and then it was home for homemade pizza. We told the girls they had to eat dinner even though they already had dessert, they did pretty good.


Friday we just hung out and let the girls play. In the afternoon we went swimming at my neighbors pool. Mackenzee was doing great swimming and Rylie is a little fish, seriously! They have a waterfall you can jump off of into the pool and Rylie loved that. Mackenzee has jumped off it before but was being really scared so Kristen, who had not brought a suit, told Mackenzee if she jumped off she would jump in with all her clothes on. Well a half hour later Mackenzee said she would do it. Then twenty minutes later she finally did with Kristen holding her (and after I was coming over to just throw her in). My camera died because it took her sooo long! Luckily we had my sisters video camera rolling. (Another note we got Mackenzee swimming with out the floaties the next week. I am not a fan of them but after last summer at the water park she wont take them off!)


Then Friday night we went to the community theater to see Mulan. It was an all children cast (ages 6-13), and was pretty good. The girls and dolls loved it. The little girl who played the grandma nailed the part and was so funny. The Huns came in through the audience as did the soldiers at one point. I think it kind of freaked out Mackenzee and Parker. Kristen was serenaded by a 10yr old, quite funny.




Saturday Kristen and I did a little shopping before they had to fly home. She went with me to get curtains for my living room. And some shorts at H&M. It was great being able to chat without kids. I seriously had so much fun with her and I know Mackenzee had a blast with Rylie. They are such great friends and we are so lucky they were able to come up and spend some time with us (and celebrate Rylie's bday)!

I just realized no pict of Kristen and I, oh well next time...

2 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

So glad to see an update! The matching dolls and girls is sooo cute!

Carl and Starla said...

Hello? Anyone there?